Seven Random things I don’t like
I’ve been tagged by Sarah to tell seven random things about myself, and I must be feeling negative today – please excuse this if it sounds like a rant! Here are seven (mostly) small random things that annoy me (ever so slightly) :
1. Those letters you have to copy to post on blogger. I know they serve an excellent purpose, but it feels like a test, and, while this is embarrassing to admit, I fail it at least 50% of the time.
2. Music on blogs or web sites. I’m usually listening to something else and it feels like an intrusion. There’s no way to turn it off without shutting down whatever else I’m listening to on the computer.
3. Delivery people and repairmen who won’t tell you what time they’re coming. Here in France (and I suspect everywhere else too) they tell you something like, “between 8 am and 8pm.” Then they invariably come at 7:45 pm, if they show up at all. In case you hadn’t guessed, I’m waiting for a delivery today.
4. Mayonnaise – it’s a food phobia that I’ve had since I was very small. I admit that it’s illogical, as I like both eggs and oil, but I truly cannot look into a jar of mayonnaise without feeling ill – and it can be difficult to avoid when you are buying lunch.
5. People who park in front of my gate, so that I can’t pull my car in or park there myself. This is the perfect example of what JP Sartre called “la mauvaise foi”, because there’s so little parking in my town that everyone does it – and I do it myself to other people. But it still annoys me.
6. Multi-millionaire politicians who accuse others of being elitist.
7. Those muddy little paw prints my cat has been leaving all over the house since we’ve been having the garden re-done.
Well – I feel much better now! I hope I haven’t depressed you too much. I won’t tag anybody this time, but if you feel like having a rant of your own, consider yourself tagged! Or, if you prefer, add to this list in the comments section. Thanks, Sara, for the opportunity to blow off some steam.