Felicity has tagged me – now I have to tell 7 random things about myself. I’m also supposed to pass it on to 7 other bloggers.
First, hmm seven random things :
1. I come from a family of eight children (you guessed it – Irish Catholic!)
2. I love the Sopranos – partly because I think it’s superbly written and acted, and partly because I grew up in New Jersey and it actually reminds me of home. I’ve been watching it on dvd and am up to season 5. When I went to visit my Mom this summer, a taxi driver showed us where they filmed the last episode.
3. Although we live in France (my husband is French) I keep shipping my children over to Ireland for their higher education. The youngest one just told me he thinks he wants to go too. For now, the French education system (after the bac) is just a bit too elitist and theoretical for us!
4. I live in the town where Leonardo da Vinci died.
5. My favorite cheese is called Langres and is from the town of that name. If you like French cheeses, you must try it sometime in your life.
6.My favorite movies are The Haunting (the old one from the 1960’s, not the terrrible remake), Gosford Park and Rebecca (the Hitchcock version). Oh, and everything by Pedro Almodovar.
7. I’ve read everything by Sybille Bedford, and I think you should too.
Here are some people whose blogs I like, whom I’ve heard from lately, who may not have been tagged before;
I hope none of them mind – they don’t need to play if they don’t feel like it.